Tyrese Shares His Throwback Wedding Playlist, From Prince to Luther Vandross
Wedding season is kicking off in earnest, and as any married couple can attest, picking the right music is paramount to a successful soiree. R&B singer and The Fate of the Furious star Tyrese Gibson, who married Samantha Lee before a crowd of 30 on Valentine’s Day and will host a larger wedding on July 4, names the songs that are necessary for nuptials of any size.
The Ceremony
A couple heading toward the altar could go classic, a la “Here Comes the Bride,” or contemporary. “I’d probably go with classic,” says Gibson, who walked down the aisle to gospel singer Brian Courtney Wilson’s “I’ll Just Say Yes” and “Worth Fighting For.”
The Cocktail Hour
As the guests mingle, Gibson suggests “midtempos and uptempos” like Michael Jackson’s “Rock With You” or Luther Vandross’ “Never Too Much.”
The First Dance
Gibson is insistent that a couple discusses their reasons for getting married before the wedding and let that dictate their selection. “When we ended up doing our first dance” -- to Eric Benét and Tamia’s “Spend My Life With You” -- “it really represented something different,” he says.
The Party
When it’s time to cut loose, go feel-good with Prince’s “Kiss” and Frankie Beverly and Maze’s “Before I Let Go.” “Those songs got that vibe,” he says. “These are classic records that will set any party off, I don’t care who you are.”
Courtesy Photo
Prince and the Revolution, "Kiss"
Comments
Post a Comment